Tuesday, November 28, 2006

tepotzlan II





I visited Tepotzlan for the second time on Sunday -- this time to do a bit more shopping, but mainly to climb the mountain and the pyramid located at the top. I knew I was out of shape, but had no idea until I first attacked the jagged path. Still, after struggling for about an hour, I reached the top, though it was a bit behind the others.

At the top, a local operated a small counter with water and snacks, all of which had to be carried by hand. The tourists were greeted by 'kawalis' (spelling unchecked) that bombarded us looking for a snack. I'd relate them to grown-up versions of Richard's animal friends in Stone City, mainly because their paws were identical to those of his young raccoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home